Monday, May 3, 2010

Testimony Revolution Part II

Okay, so yesterday was fast and testimony meeting again. I really, really wanted to share my testimony, but I couldn't muster the right spirit. I don't think it helped that my husband was sitting next to me singing the sacrament hymn in a British accent. Ugg...!!! I was trying so hard to feel of the spirit and it just wasn't coming, so I told myself to just share my testimony in RS.

The lesson was great and it was so what I needed to hear. It was about having unity in your marriage and finding ways to build on the unity you already have. It was a good lesson because it reminded me to be kind and loving, and compassionate with my husband. He isn't perfect, nor am I and I should let the mistakes happen and the wherewithal to forgive when they are made. So, needless to say, there was no time to share testimonies. I was sad because I really wanted to share and then write a post and see if anyone else had shared their testimonies at church. I guess there is always next month.

I don't think it helped my spirit, or helped me feel the spirit that I kept looking around the room at all the new mothers and their beautiful babies concocting all these stupid thoughts that those women, and those babies aren't having any problems nursing, especially that teenage girl who just had a baby at the ripe ol' age of 16. I bet everything is perfect for her.

Yes, I am silly... I know... but it still stings a little bit.

Can I just tell you how inconvenient pumping is? Ya, it's very inconvenient thankyouverymuch! At some point I will accept my lot in life and move on, but yesterday and today are not that day. Maybe tomorrow..

Maybe not...

Hubby is gone for a week...

Fun times for me! Yes, fun times for me!

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Even if you didn't bear your testimony yesterday, your blog about testimonies last month encouraged me to bear mine. The bishop started with a testimony about geneology, then a 90 year old man got up and spoke for over a half hour about his ex-wives, his life, his children, etc. So, then I got up and bore my testimony. Josh told me that I brought the spirit back into the meeting,and there were several following me who did the same. Thanks, Sara, for the inspiration!
(btw, I pumped for 4 months and it's not easy. I know it's hard to look at all those who are nursing their little ones currently, but I want you to know that I think you're the greater mom for doing it!!!!)

Sunshine said...

Kala, thank you! Thank you for being such and amazing friend. I'm so happy to hear you shared your testimony. Isn't it funny what people share. My sister said she had someone who was visiting their ward bare her testimony about her life in crazy town and how the bishop told her to go to the hospital and the spirit told her not to go, but she listened to the bishop... on and on and on about life in crazy town. Cracks me up.

A guy in our ward (you know, the regular) I saw him move and just about had a fit right in sacrament. Cevin and I debated on who should 'go to the bathroom' first. I won, and promptly went into the library and had a lovely chat with Kris Bahr. I love that they are in the ward in front of me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your spirit and your testimony! Love your guts!