Monday, March 22, 2010

Mad Rush

So, for the past few weeks every time I sit down to feed my baby, particularly in the my living room, I have a chance to take a good look around. It's filthy. Every corner I turn to there is dirt and grim and stuff everywhere! I hate it, so this morning I decided that I was going to deep clean my living room.

I was hoping the whole time that baby would be good for me. Thing is, I really have to make the most of the time I have. It takes 20 mins to feed baby, maybe more depending on if it's nap time, and then 20 mins to pump, so what, that's 40 mins every 2 1/2 hours out of my day. I woke up, got the kids off to school, feed baby, pumped, put baby down and then I was on the run. I pulled off the pictures on my mantle, I pulled out the wood boxes, the paper holder, everything and vacuumed the whole wall, mantle and around the fire place. Then I went to work on my computer desk. It was disgusting, then the leather couches needed a good wipe down (dust everywhere)(oh and spit up) (and milk), vacuumed the floor, cleaned out the book shelves, threw away church manuals that I had double of, went through the Ensign and Friend magazine holder and threw away more magazines, dusted the piano and the end tables and man I feel like I can breath. Spring is upon us.

Who thought I would enjoy cleaning? Certainly not me at 15 when I pitched a fit because my mom wanted my room cleaned. Huh! Go figure!

Plus, today is what me and my sister call Super Clean Monday. It's cleaning day and if it doesn't get done on Monday it throws the rest of the week off. That's why we hate Monday vacations. Routine people, routine!

I discovered my oven has a self clean button. Ah... what a beauty, I also cleaned the oven, again, that's like 3 times in this year alone. That's 3 times more than I have cleaned my oven in the last 10 years. It's now apart of the Super Monday clean day (well not every Monday, but at least once a month).

I started the laundry, although that will probably take days to finish up. I dis-like laundry, cuz, it's always there. Oh wait, so is cleaning...

Anyway, I decided that I was going to take one room a day and deep clean it. Um, well, maybe not everyday because I really don't want to deep clean the kitchen. That means cupboards, and who cleans those out? I mean really?! My bathroom, however, will be needing a deep clean. The shower needs a good scrub down and even though I clean every Monday, a deep clean is still needed in that room. I'll probably pull down the shower curtain and run it through the wash. I totally copied the Hotels that have the shower curtain that is fabric instead of that stupid plastic crap that never stays closed. The nice thing is (well in my mind) the fabric is washable, AND, it's green because, well, I can waste water instead of the environment?!? Shrug...

So, super clean Monday. Mad rush and I got a lot accomplished because baby slept for 3 hours this morning and is down again for maybe another hour. WOOO HOOO!! I love it when he sleeps!

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Hooray for SuperMom!!! With Super Cleaning Powers!!! So proud of you!! What an accomplishing day full of feel-good, hard work!

Lisa said...

Do you see how I'm reading you now, Sunshiney Sara? Huh? Huh?! OK, then. The least you can do is not make me feel bad about my cleanliness being far, far away from godliness. Just lie. That's all I'm asking. Is that too much for a niece to do for aunt? No. No, it's not.

Miss Heather said...

You are AMAZING! I really need to deep clean and you've inspired me. :)