Yesterday we had a PTA meeting. We had some new people come to our meeting. They were not there to tell us that we have been doing a great job. They were not there to tell us thank you for putting all your time in making the Halloween carnival (which they didn't volunteer for) fun and exciting for the kids, no, they were there to say we think Snake Bait (we are the rattlers (school name) so it is our candy shop we do ever Wednesday) is teaching our children how to steal and we are going to shut you down.
Er? Excuse me?
Yes, apparently all of the 500 kids in the school steal from their parents, or from their own piggy banks, which confuses me because if it is the kids money bank then shouldn't the kid get to decide where he wants to spend the money? Anyway, it got slightly heated, however, I was able to keep my cool and explain to her how my friend checks her chills pockets on Wednesday to make sure she is taking only the amount of money the mother wants her to take. I also explained that it isn't the PTA's job to be the police of parents, or students.
Well, still we are teaching them how to steal.
Seriously? Is she on crack?
After her and her partner in crime left we talked about the fact that maybe we shouldn't have put Top Ten Ways to Steal From your Parents, in the Newsletter. *Snort*
Oh, and for the dumb parents, we also discussed the option of letting them (mom and dad) use the school safe for their purses and wallets because the kids (not older than 10) have all gone crazy stealing anything from money to toilet paper. C'mon folks!! Maybe we should stop playing basket ball in P.E. because your child doesn't know how to make a freakin' basket.
Oh, she also said the reason why they didn't have vending machines in the Middle Schools and High Schools was because of this problem... ah hem... Excuse me, but no! Correction, they do have vending machines, and if you would kindly watch the news you would know that the schools in my county have to have a 50-50 option. 50 junk 50 health food. Really? Really? All of the kids have gone crazy stealing their parents money? Hum...
My favorite... the economy is so bad because our children steal from their parents, and they haven't learned honesty.
What planet is this woman on?
Does she volunteer for anything? No! Would she be in charge of finding an alternate form of fundraising? I doubt it! Not to mention the fact that she wouldn't run it either.
Dumb bullies. Good thing I am not worried. I have PTA bylaws on my side. What about you lady?
4 comments:
What the crap is wrong with her? That's the lamest argument I've ever heard. You rock!
Thank you for your comment. You are such a gem. And this woman is an idiot. I think it's so great how incredibly involved you are in making the world a better place. You are amazing.
I'm the school's PTO President this year, and I'm always blown away by pushy parents who create non-respecting children that are complainers and "takers". We are on a 4-day school week, which makes for long 8-hour days. The kids are supposed to bring snacks everyday to school to help sustain them through the afternoon. Twice a month, the PTO pops popcorn and sells it for $.25 a bag for an easy snack. The school's secretary has offered to buy popcorn for children who are less fortunate, and what do you know, now all of a sudden there are TONS of kids that are less fortunate and taking advantage of the situation.
It always bothers me and upsets me when after I've put in so much time and effort into activities to have parents take advantage and offer criticism rather than help and offer support. I know how you feel and I'm glad you're sticking your ground! The world needs more people like us, don't you think? :)
That is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard...teaching the students to steal. Commmon Sunshine, I know you had a secret agenda with the rest of the PTA....whenever the kids come to the snack place you take them in a secret room and say "okay, kids...this is how you steal from your parents."
Did the lady really think about what she said? Haha....
Post a Comment