You know, I am really disappointed right now. Actually I am sad. I wonder what the Lord thinks of this world that we live in. I wonder how sad he is. Maybe he isn't sad, maybe I have a preconceived notion of what Heavenly Father thinks of us.
It is disappointing that more people don't understand the gospel. I know that I am no expert. I actually sometimes feel I am far from it, but I have a relationship with our Father. I know Him. I know Him very well, and that is why I wonder if he is sad too.
(I might ramble here, just bear with me) First, how cool is it that we have a black president? I would say that is pretty awesome considering what this country has done to black people in the past. This day has made history for sure. No, I didn't vote for him. It will be interesting to see how much change he will actually be able to make, but that is not why I am sad.
Over at another blog that I frequent regularly there was this post. The comments made me shudder a bit. It made me sad and almost made me want to cry. There is such a misunderstanding about how involved the church is. (If you didn't follow this link it is about Prop 8 in California). The church... always the bad guy. They don't teach anything good, they don't make us be better people, they just sacrifice people in the basements of their temples, they don't teach us about Christ and how to be better people... yada, yada, yada. That is just bull shit, and I can't stand it any more... the sad thing is people really believe this.
I posted, awhile back, my thoughts on Prop 8. I hope that I was able to portray the fact that all of Gods sons and daughters are important to Him. All of them. I can't imagine homosexuality being my scarlet letter. I can't. I don't know what they feel, but I know what I feel, in my heart, I know the plan God has for us. I don't know how to properly describe my feelings without sounding trite and appearing that I lack compassion and understanding. The Lord loves all of his children. All of them. Where ever they are in their lives. He wants us to love each other, wherever we are in our lives, and so I do my best. I do my best to love my neighbor, to serve my neighbor, but I have strides to go before I can even come a fraction of a step closer to the love the Lord has for us and the love we should have for each other. I know that.
Don't try to get into politics here because this isn't coming from a political place. This is coming from a strictly emotional place. I just get so sad when the people of the church make accusations that are completely unfounded. When they hold the church responsible for making them leave the church. Like choice wasn't even a factor... an issue I have is about tithing. Our tithing didn't pay for Prop 8 to pass. Our tithing didn't pay for the advertisement. IF you think that, go back and do some research on tithing. Not to mention choice... again.. I guess tithing is beside the point...
I am sad because as people of Christ we don't understand his gospel. I don't understand why people believe the philosophies of men mingled with scripture? I don't know... maybe I do.. maybe it is me? I don't know.. The plan of happiness is very simple. Christs gospel is simple... and my heart aches.. my heart aches for those who ache. My heart aches for those who can't/won't accept the blessings that come from the plan of happiness. My heart aches because as God's people, we aren't ready. We aren't ready for the return of the Savior. His people aren't ready. We are so full of anger and blame and hatred for each other that we can't possibly be ready for him to come down to us again. We aren't ready to feel the nail prints in his hands and his feet. We aren't ready to see the spear wound in his side, and I want to. I want to so much my whole body aches even more. The only thing we can see is blame and fault in others out of the church and especially in the church. We are making it so easy to blame the brethren for taking an amazing and very powerful stand on morality.
I am sad. This ... place that we live in... it seems to be getting darker and darker each day, and I wonder, how dark will it get before the return of the Son? How much will his people have to go through to prove they are his people? His house will be cleaned first. How I pray that I will remain a part of. I pray each day that I may learn how to become a better person. As hard as it is for me to admit, (thank you Quimby) there isn't enough compassion on this earth.
No, there isn't, and my heartaches even more.
4 comments:
This blog just broke my heart! I actually feel so happy and peaceful right now. I mean, Proposition 8 passed so everyone can stop worrying about the gay marriage thing... and I'm so happy about Obama and the changes that will hopefully take place... and I don't think the Lord is entirely disappointed. I think he's excited too! I know he's disappointed with the way some of his children act but I KNOW He's not despairing... I wish you wouldn't too! Be hopeful, I know we'll be taken care of.
I love you.
I am not upset that Obama won. It will be interesting for sure to see what he can do for our country. I am sad for so many reasons that are hard to articulate. I am sad because there is so much evil on this planet. I am sad that we could do better, be better and no matter how much health care there is to go around it won't solve that problem.
Don't get me wrong. I have hope. I think I have more hope than I ever thought possible. I think it was Nephi, I don't remember, that prayed for the sins of the world. Prayed for his sins. It is just hard to articulate because what's in my head would take years to write down.
I love you. I love how strongly you feel things. I have VERY liberal friends who are heartbroken about Prop 8, (they are not religious in the least bit), and I sometimes feel very alone in my conviction that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Because my religious experiences are with other mormons, I feel like we're alone against the world. But, the fact is even if every mormon in California had voted to pass Prop 8, it wouldn't have passed without other people who have our same convictions about marriage.
And so I feel less alone. I was encouraged when during the VP debates, both Palin and Biden agreed that marriage should be reserved for men and women, and that gay couples should be afforded the same civil rights, without marriage.
I haven't been out there to see or feel the backlash. I don't pretend to understand all the issues, but I KNOW that the prophet guides the world towards paths that lead to true happiness. And if he says that this is the path that will lead us to greater happiness--I don't need to understand it. I just need to follow.
Knowing we have a prophet who guides us, and that there are other religions in this country who are also joining with us to fight to save the sanctity of marriage--makes me feel like everything is going to be okay.
I love how you feel things so specifically, so intimately. You are so wonderful!
You know, I am really disappointed right now. Actually I am sad. I wonder what the Lord thinks of this world that we live in. I wonder how sad he is.
Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but if there were a God, then it'd stand to reason that he set the whole mess up in the first place. Obviously, he's just fine with it.
Of course, there is no God, no devil, no angels, spooks, ghosts, goblins, spirits, Santa Claus or Bigfoot. No gray space aliens at area 51 either. Just us.
So much better to do our own part, collectively, to improve the world than it is to project blame/give credit to some middle eastern mythological character who never existed at all.
Just my view. Enjoyed the post. Take Care...
Post a Comment