So, the last few nights I've been having some crazy dreams. Normally it's some weird running from something or other, or stuck in a house with all these crazy staircases like in the optical illusions, but the other night I actually had a really good dream.
As most of my readers know I have been somewhat of a crazy lady these last few months. When I decided to stop pumping it was also encouraged by a good friend of mine, she also suggested, or rather, reminded me that I needed to find my sweetness of life. She told me that she heard once that women need to be creative to find joy in life. Well... what do I do with that? I don't know, so anyway I have been thinking about ways to find my sweetness and the other night I had the best dream. I don't remember all of the details but it all led to a certain point where I was being told but also dreaming that I needed to laugh more, and so in my dream someone (can't remember who) said something that made me roll on the floor with laughter. It wasn't the start snickering during a prayer and then start laughing type of laugh. It was full of love and joy and from my toes made me laugh and feel a sense of euphoria. When I woke up, you know that place where you're still sleepy but waking up, I was feeling good. Just laid there with a smile for a moment and then I was fully awake and some of the good feelings left.
So, now I am on a quest to laugh more. Don't know how that's going to be possible but there is so much drama in my life I need a good release.
This morning I woke up to a dream that I was in hiding. I was like a really cool person that was a secret agent and I was undercover and the bad guys were on to me. It was pretty cool and not as scary as the normal running from someone dream. I knew who my enemies were and I knew how to defeat them. I just had to make sure I didn't get caught.
I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have been going on a Buffy marathon. Seriously, season 2 is pretty cheesy and I hope it gets better. Of course I suspected something was up with Giles, and his love interest too. I was right. Pretty predictable but decent enough that I keep watching. Maybe it is because I have OCD and once I start something like a series of any kind, be it TV or book, I can't stop until I'm done with the whole thing. I tried to fast forward but I couldn't because I was worried I might miss something.
Anyway....
Laughing... how does one go about that? (you know besides drinking and all)(I want the natural way).
4 comments:
I have three core loves that lighten my soul and make me feel alive: music, performing, and LAUGHTER!!! I love laughing! I laugh most when I'm out with my friends and I feel light-hearted. I'm glad you're feeling better!!
I think the fact that you knew who your enemies were and how to defeat them is very telling. Sounds like you're onto something. And I don't know that the actual "laughing" is the thing that you're seeking, so much as the joy that it brings when all is well and you find humor and peace in your life. A good belly laugh is always great, but that comes about through bringing more joy into your home. Along with service, beautiful music, beautiful things~have a Pepsi drinking contest with your kids, get a giant bag of candy, dump it on the floor and take turns picking your favorite until you all have a bag and you sit and talk and eat...those are simple joys and tender mercies that bring about joyful laughter.
lisa, such good ideas! Seems as though you have been there...
Kala, I totally understand! Music lifts my soul!
Sometimes I wake up laughing my head off. Then it cracks Bill up that I'm laughing so he starts laughing, too. And then I laugh more because it's all crazy.
I like Motown music for lifting my spirit best of all.
Post a Comment