Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Play Dates

You know what bugs me? Play dates, play dates that your 9 year old sets up the day before the one and only play day that week only to have the other party piss out on you. She came home from school yesterday and asked if she could have a friend over today because, well, today is early out and the best day to play for us. She called, talked to the daughter and we were waiting for a phone call to confirm if it was going to be at my house or theirs and we never got it. She came home from school today called the friend and they were already playing with someone else.

I'm bugged!

Seriously bugged... you can't help but think the worst about them, even when it was probably a simple misunderstanding, or mother planned something that the daughter didn't know about....

Maybe I am just pissy because I woke up from a nap by my blaring tv that I had paused.

2 comments:

annegb said...

That always bothered me, too, Sara. It hurts their feelings. And why aren't the parents more considerate about that stuff? I always was.

annegb said...

Tell me who it was and I'll give them dirty looks the next time I go to church.