Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gentleman's club

So I got asked to be one of the ward organists. Fun, scary, mostly fun, and now I am awaiting my key. Sunday I popped my head into the bishops office after choir and I asked him when I would get the key so I can start practicing. He told me that Bro. B was in charge of the keys. We laughed and joked for a bit and the executive secretary said something about him, and he was still waiting for a key and had been for some time, and to not get my hopes up. More joking about where he has to get he key from (always telling me to talk to Bro B) ... So anyway, I pulled the card....I said, something to the effect of not getting a key because it is mostly a Gentleman's club (hey, I said it with a smile) and to see the bishop respond was priceless.

Bishop "Oh, oh, it is not either (smiling a bit)...hold on, let me go write this down so that I can tell Bro. B to get you one. Okay so (mumbling this) get Sunshine a key." Golden!!~

Who knew? Who knew the way to get the bishop going is to accuse him of having, or being in a Gentleman's club? Sweet, now I know how to get things rolling with him, and to think all this time of waiting around and all I had to do was pull the Gentleman's card.

Rude you say?

Well, what is a girl to do? Sit and wait forever and ever?

Smart says I!!!

2 comments:

Eve said...

Nicely done! I think it's good to point this stuff out. I don't think men want to be chauvinistic, but they don't recognize what's wrong because it's always been that way. I think most men will adjust things if they're called on things. Because they're good peeps!

Miss Heather said...

I think it's awesome! What a perfect thing to say! I didn't know you could play the organ. I used to be our ward organist in the singles ward we met in. Haven't played the organ since. I'm partial to piano.

Once again, YOU ROCK!