Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

Okay, so how awesome was Thanksgiving? Mine was pretty good, very uneventful, which is good in my family and my husbands family. We went to his parents house and had a fun time. Then, yes, then Friday morning at 4:00 am my husband and I went shopping!! Woo Hoo...

Before we got to the first store I was having performance anxiety. I kept thinking, I am not sure if I am ready to get in there and get dirty with shopping. We went to Sears first, and as we pulled up I thought "oh great, a line" and then I had to do a face slap... sheesh, snap out of it. We waited for about five mins and they let us in, and the fun began. I was headed back to the electronics for my much needed $14.99 mp3 player. I started to half walk half run and I started laughing at myself. You know, because you don't want to look stupid and greedy if you run really fast to get what you want, but I did it. I did it! Got my mp3, my docking station and lets see... ya that is what I wanted there. My husband wanted some tools and I was shocked to see how... mellow, meandering, strolling along he was. I started clapping, "c'mon what do you need next? What can I get for you? Where do we go?" I think it confused him. Funny guy. He doesn't really care if he gets what he wants or not. Then, why for the love of Pete, did you wake up at 4. That is what it is about, getting what you want and being the fastest one there.

Now, mind you, I am not the mob type of person. I think it was horrible what those people did to that man because they want to get into Wal-mart. (not to mention, I hate shopping at Wal-mart on black friday. I will pay full price for those items) I was so ashamed that my fellow black Friday shoppers did that. What does that say for the human race? How pathetic. I don't understand that. The most aggressive I got was when I was able to talk a guy out of a DVD player. He took like 50 and he didn't need them all, so I pounced.

My sister in Kentucky called to see if I was awake. Actually she woke us up because she is an hour ahead, but that's okay. She was mad I wasn't there to be a pushy broad. I was mad she wasn't here to be a pushy broad. Then my brother called at 6:30. He asked me if I was one of the crazy people too. I said "bro, I have been up since 4:00 and have already saved $571.00 on clothes. C'mon." He was to lazy to wake up. :) I need to teach them how to shop!!!

As soon as I walked into the store, I was no longer tired, not mean but aggressive, and I had a plan. It was great....

Oh, and then at 7:00 my other sister called. She had most of her shopping done before black Friday. Silly girl. :)

So, do you shop black Friday? If so, tell, tell. Do you like it or not?

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I think it's adorable you went shopping on Black Friday. You are so cute!! I'm not a Black Friday shopper... I'd rather sleep in since I value sleep over almost everything else in my life. I don't mind paying full-price for things... and the good thing was the mall had the same deals on Saturday that they did on Friday. YAY! :)

Eve said...

I slept in till 10am and went sightseeing. But the cars were lined up for miles outside Tysons Corner Shopping Center. I was not touching that traffic with a ten foot pole. I'd soooo much rather pay full price. I'm glad you got some good deals though! I'll go shopping next week. Maybe.

buitihng said...

It's fun to shop on "black friday" You get things for cheaper...you just have to be careful. No mobbing down people...that defeats the whole purpose..