I don't know what's with the title, it just is....
I am sitting here in my front room listening to the crackle of the fire... yes I said fire... it is 39 degrees outside. Yes, funny, last week it was something like 59 for the low. I tell you this year has been crazy all around. Spring took forever to come, summer was short and fall is just about gone.
So, I am sitting here, listening to the fire crackle in my wood burning stove. I love my wood burning stove. *Sigh* you smell that? Ummm..
This year Darling Husband and I are so focused on being prepared for whatever may come our way. He went up on the mountain with a bunch of men from our ward a couple of weeks ago. Every year our ward has an annual wood haul where they get as much wood as they can for member's who need it. He came back with a truck and trailer full of wood. Then last week we went up again when very unexpectedly my dog encountered a very unpleasant porcupine. The darn thing wasn't very happy when my dog decided to bite him, and for that matter my dog wasn't happy after he bit him. I doubt he will do that again.
Back to my story, we chopped wood today. My hubby and his friend got a wood splitter and split a lot of wood while me and my three lovelies loaded the wood into our container. It was amazing to see my kids, even my three year old, hauling wood. I used to live in Vegas on an 1/8 of an 1/8 of an acre (probably exaggerating) but it was small and we didn't have a wood burning stove. We moved to Utah and live on 2 acres now, anyway, I was so happy today hauling that wood. My 3 kids were incredible, not even a complaint, and I wondered if I would have seen them work this much had we not moved. Well, maybe not outside anyway.
So...wonderful world of wonder!!!
Have a beauty
2 comments:
It snowed up here last night! And I love sitting by a nice fire. I love winter!!
Yes, another comment from me... I found all these pictures of you, me, Eve and Kala as prostitutes for the Pericles scene we did at the Shakespeare Festival forever ago. WE WERE SO HOT! Seriously, HOT STUFF! The pictures are so funny!!!
Post a Comment