Monday, October 20, 2008

A poem...

I wrote this last night. FYI, this poem is not about me. There are some things happening in my family that makes me wonder... I have felt this way before, but now, it is someone elses pain that I feel and so I need to write....



I feel so sad siting here alone in the darkness
My paper and pen are my only friends.
My chair so stable and sure
Is my connection to the strength of mother earth.

My mind wanders through the pain
and questions why one soul can hurt.
Levels and levels are stacked upon
a single aching heart.

To much pain for one to bear.
To much sadness deep inside.
Despair and hatred led me here.
Fear was always constant on my shoulder if you please.

I do not wish to be a member any longer
of this horrible despair I feel.
But where do I turn when the light is off?
Where do I go when the doors are shut and locked?
Will I ever find my way?
Will this sadness leave my soul?

Somewhere deep inside is hidden such a key
That will bring joy to all of the shawdows in my soul.
If only strength and light would be my guide
to help me find this precious needed key.

It seems such a waste to sit here alone
with no one to share my despair.

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I love this! Man, I should write poetry again... it's been a LONG time. But YOU are AMAZINGLY talented. I really enjoyed it. Post some more!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Wow. WOW! You definitely write with empathy and understanding. Incredible. Just incredible. I can't believe you wrote that in one night! You simply amaze me with your many talents and gifts from God.

Sunshine said...

You guys are to nice. Thank you I appreciate your words... very much.