What fresh hell have I fallen into? Oh yes, a small dismal place called Rawlins Wyoming. My husband works here, but we live in Utah. I decided that now since school is out I would visit this place and see where my husband is staying and what he does throughout the day. Again, I say, what fresh hell have I fallen into? It is a small town, and if actually taken care of, might be pretty. It is a mans town. There is nothing nice, or neat, or even clean about this place. It, as a friend of my so perfectly described, is the armpit of America. Indeed it is. It smell of the Sinclair oil plant five mins away. You hear the lovely sounds of the train screeching to a halt every morning, noon and night. There is dirt every where. The biggest attraction is a prison that closed down in 1981. It has already been converted into a museum. Hello? Does that seem odd to any one? Well to me at first I thought it was pretty cool until I went inside. I forgot that a prison = bad people. Really, really bad people. One young lady writes "Today I was making a pie and decided that I wanted to kill someone. So I put poison in the pie. My mom told me to give a piece of pie to my dad. I did, and it killed him. I felt bad after he died. I cried and cried for a long time." How odd. She was even a Mormon, not that being Mormon means that you are somehow cured of all evilness. No, if anything it attracts it to you ten fold.
You drive down the streets and see gravel, and dirt every where. Every street you turn down has something wrong with the road. Pot holes and such.. we went to the movies. That was an experience. I thought that Brigham had a small movie theater back in the day. That seems like the Hilton compared to the movie theatre here. It is a trash hole of a town. I don't think I have every felt so depressed in my life. Why did I come I ask you? No one knows. I don't even know if the angels could tell you why I would come to this place. Oh, yes, to be with my husband. I would almost rather be home and without him then here in a very depressing town. My brother and his wife live here. I don't know how they are surviving. I don't even think I am going to preview this post. . . okay, I will. My thoughts are so rambled I just have to write everything down. It has been a while since I have done my writing.
1 comment:
Lol, this is Katie's sister Naomi. I LOVED the prison in Rawlins! It was so cool! I thought it was just kind of funny that you hated it and i loved it. I was talking about it months before we went and I told them they couldn't go until I was there :) I guess I'm just into that kind of stuff. I'm sorry that you didn't like it!
Post a Comment