The other day my midwife friend and I were talking about Netflix and what shows we had been watching. A while back I started watching "Dexter". Love it. It is so brilliantly written and has a very interesting story line. Go Netflix it if you want to learn more, but it is not for the faint of heart as it premiers on Showtime. I mentioned the show and my friend starting talking about others that she has really enjoyed. She just finished watching "30 Rock", and is now onto "That 70's Show". I thought I would give 'em a go because I love TV, and good TV is even better.
I started watching "30 Rock" and have never laughed so hard in my life, until Fez. I'm secretly in love with Fez from "That 70's Show". Oh my heck he is so funny. Okay, honestly though, you can't pass up Hyde either. He's the cutest bad boy and my land can he rock a pair of bell bottoms.
I just watched an episode where Dona tells Eric that she loves him. Michael starts wearing a jacket that makes him look like the Fonz and everyone teases him. Poor guy, he doesn't look sexy, just Fonzy. Dona's parents are fighting and her dad gets kicked out and tries living with the Foreman's for a day. Red and Kitty can't stand the man. I'm still laughing. The six friends are down in Eric's basement where they spend most of their time. Eric decides to tease Michael because he's fun to tease. Eric pulls out a fudgecicle from his deep freeze tells Michael to catch and of course Michael doesn't and it lands in some weird place. They spend the next minute treating Michael like a dog looking for a bone. It's behind the chair, under the couch, Michael comes up for air and Fez is eating a fudgecicle. Michael asks if it's his and Fez says in his wonderful lisp of an accent "no, dis is my fudgecicle". It's just so dang funny. It would be funnier if you went and watched the episode yourself. I think it is episode 5 in the 2nd season. Oh my crap I'm still laughing.
Then you have Red. I love Red. I used to think he was mean, but now Red is my hero. People bother Red, and most people, including his son Eric get called a dumb ass. Dumb ass! What a great word. It's even better the way Red says it, you dumb ass! Oh, I love TV. I got my short spurt of Joy for the day. hehe....
I'm still laughing.
Oh, at the end of the episode Hyde comes out wearing Michael's jacket and everybody, including Eric's whore of a sister, is turned on and mentions how sexy he looks all Marlon Brando. Snort!
7 comments:
That 70's Show has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine... because it's my favorite decade! And I love RED too!! It's just a riot to watch. I love it!!!!
30 Rock is really funny too... I'm excited for you to start watching it. And of course, you KNOW I LOVE Dexter!!
Oh my sweet Dexter how I love thee. I have taken a small break from him because I am now onto the DVD's instead of having it streamed to the house. I forget to send them back, and now I worry that i don't even have a netflix sleeve to return it in. Oops.
Hyde seriously ROCKS his bell bottoms. Man he has a great butt!
We are big That 70s Show fans, too. We have some recurring jokes in our home. "I was a fountain! oh man good stuff!
Oh Top Hat, I am so glad to know others love that show as much as me. You going to the snacker?
Hi Sunshine, followed you from FMH.
I am a Dexter fan too (but I have to keep in mind it's a metaphor for internal life, and not a real promotion of serial killing or I over think it and get to hating him and myself for actually liking him...ahhg!)
If you have Netflix and like 30 Rock, check out "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" it's a similar setting to 30 Rock, still a comedy but "smarter" and more meaningful. (Not that I am bashing 30 Rock, I love that one too!)
Zaissa, well thanks for visiting. I have that same moral debate with Dexter. I love his internal monologue. It's probably my favorite part of the whole show. I especially love it when he swears in his head. I do that all the time.
I watched "Studio 60" when it first came out. Some of the characters on it are from "West Wing". It's been a while since I last watched, and now that I have TV whenever I want with no commercial interruptions, I might just watch it again. Thanks!
I'm in California, so the snacker is a little far for me, though I would love to.
Another THat 70's Show joke in our house: Pointy Nipple Man.
Post a Comment