So it's been a long time since I have written anything of value that doesn't consist of me complaining...
Not so sure this post will be any different.
Although I did try a yummy, most delicious Tomato Bruschetta, it was so good I filled my tummy to over full! A couple of weeks ago hubby and I watched Julie & Julia and she was eating this tomato bruschetta dish in the movie. I thought it looked really good and finally my pregnancy cravings got the better of me and I had to go buy the ingredients. Tomato, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil... how can that not be good? I put it over french bread toasted in butter.... oh... and I forgot the mozz cheese. Seriously it was that good!
Now, to the complaining, or maybe I should be putting it in question format. Why do the same ten people in your ward do the same callings? Why do the relatives of the first counselor in the Stake Presidency get all the good callings? Why can't they be the food storage coordinator? Are they more righteous than us normal people? And, why do we have to have our bishop for longer than 5 years? Why can't they have their run and be done with it? And, I swear to you, I would be great in primary, but.... obviously I have to learn something in my two stupid callings I have right now.... like why do I have to play the organ? I don't know how! And, what the heck, food storage coordinator... do you know how much work I have to do to do that calling? Oh, and if you decline a calling because your husband works out of town and you have little ones running a muck, and they ask you to be the ward activities leader and it just doesn't sound like something you can do... I think you get black listed or something. And, if you say you want to be released from YW's (even though you don't really) but you feel it is best because they put your husband in YM's and you have little kids, and you just got pregnant and thought you would be super sick for so long that it would be better to have someone in there that could do their calling, you get black listed as well...? Who does that?
Oh... that's right... my ward, my bishopric!
On a good note, they are absolutely incredible with the youth and love them so much! I think that means something. They spend loads of time helping with whatever is needed in those departments, and they are great service men...
Okay, let's face it... they aren't me! They aren't as smart as I know I am!
Which is obviously why I'm not the Primary President.... pfff.... go figure!
2 comments:
I've always wondered about the dilemma--do you follow your own intuition or the intuition of the leaders? It's like the chicken and the egg. I think that when a leader says something from the Lord, the Lord will confirm the truth in our hearts. And so . . .if it's not confirmed in your heart--then there is something inherently "untrue" about the call. And saying something is a matter of integrity. If you KNOW that something isn't right--you have to say something.
If that black balls you--that sucks. But hopefully it will cause the leader to reflect and perhaps pause a little longer to choose someone who is right rather than someone who is convenient.
I don't mean to sound like I'm giving advice--this post just really riles me because people act like following your own divine intuition is the wrong choice when it comes to accepting or declining callings. I think there are plenty of examples of people who got a hard calling--and it wasn't convenient--but they felt that it was right--and so they took it--
But when you feel that it's not right in your heart and your mind--I hate when people judge you for saying no. That's ridiculous. And it undermines the whole purpose of learning to communicate with God.
Thanks for this post!! You got me all thinking and stuff!!
Thanks for the comment, Eve, and I totally get what you are saying. I probably could have done the calling, but really when I prayed about it, it was more of a.. well it's your choice. You can take it or decline it and it won't matter either way.
I so am with you on the inspiration thing... you have to get the truth for yourself and that's about all you can do.
Post a Comment