Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To Far?

You know what really bugs me? When people talk to the bishop of your ward about things that aren't even connected to church.

Let me explain.

As I'm sure you know I am involved in a dinner group. There are 3 families that participate. I cook on Monday for my family and the two other families. My friend Bee-Bee cooks on Tuesday for all three families and Sassy cooks on Weds for all three families. We go to the house of the cook, and pick up our wonderfully cooked dinner! It's amazing and works so well for finances and it's just plain great to not have to cook every day of the week. I love it.

Well, there was a problem. Often times you find you and your very dear friends have extremely different flavor palates. It's not bad, it doesn't mean you are a horrible person, or a bad cook it just means you like different foods, and you like these foods prepared differently.

That was the problem, so what do you do in a situation like this?

Unfortunately, someone had to be let go. I say let go because being kicked out of a group sounds so harsh...

Then, there was another problem...

Bee-Bee went to a RS meeting and discovered that somehow our dinner group made the desk of the bishop. HUH? Wha? That's right, our little ol' dinner group started by a couple of friends (one who isn't even a member) made the desk of the bishop, and then it was discussed at ward council....

What the heck?

Ya, I guess if you get kicked out of a group it's grounds for tattle telling, and lame child like behavior.

Luckily the bishop just wanted to know if it was a RS thing. No, it's not, so issue is dead, except it's not because then that means someone is telling others that they are being 'kicked out' and treated poorly by others in the ward...

Oy!

I mean, we already have a decree from the Stake President to stay away from clicks. Like, that is even possible. *rolls eyes* You have your friends I have my friends and they aren't the same, and it isn't bad, and we don't hate you, and seriously, stop being the victim!

So, um ya... the bishop... dumb I tell you!

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

for crying out loud...some people need to grow up! holy crap, it was discussed in ward council? that just seems so silly to me. people take things way too far, don't they?!

Miss Heather said...

That is the craziest thing... seriously... wtf? I don't understand... I just don't.

Eve said...

Weird . . .

What a sensitive soul.

I'm trying to imagine the conversation in the Bishop's office.

And what compels people to take up the time of the Bishop with something of this nature? Do they think that he has nothing better to do?

Someday her husband will be bishop and she will wonder why he's gone all hours of the evening, and she'll remember that conversation. And then she'll understand.

Craziness. . .